In the course of our work we find that most of the patients are more or less worried before the surgical intervention. We also feel that after the intervention almost everybody finds it much more simple than before.
Some prior preparation and planning will help ensure that things go smoothly.
Please, read the instructions below carefully, and print it if possible, to be able to read it again. It makes you feel sure, you won’t forget anything and will make all the preparations.
- Please wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing. It helps you feel free.
- Contact lenses should not be worn during your surgery to prevent your eyes from drying out. Please refrain from facial make-up.
- Try to plan no social activities the day and evening of the dental surgery.
- Medications prescribed by your physician (i.e. for high blood pressure, etc.) should be taken at their regular time and dosage unless otherwise instructed.
- Please advise us of any medications you are taking.
- Alcoholic beverages must be avoided 12 hours prior to, and 48 hours after the procedure.
- Aspirin-containing drugs should be discontinued for 7 days prior to surgery. Ibuprofen-type (Motin/Advil) drugs should be discontinued 2-3 days prior to surgery, if possible.